Our Theory of Change
Our mission is to make inclusive excellence intrinsic to excellence in STEM pedagogy at OSU.
Inspiring STEM Faculty
- Generate a sense of responsibility and agency over social justice in the classroom.
- Reflect on identity and power.
- Leads to changing hearts & minds, shifting practices
- Marry Inclusive excellence to STEM pedagogy and instruction.
- Enable faculty to generate pedagogical tools in an experimental and reflective way.
- Leads to changing hearts and minds, moving mindsets, and promoting student success
Promote Student Success
- Increased sense of belonging in the STEM classroom and at their institutions
- Improved academic metrics
- Inclusive pedagogy is normalized, rewarded and actively encouraged by departments.
- IE@OSU becomes a part of OSU’s broader inclusion strategies.
- Effective practices are disseminated.
IE is Championed
- Changing hearts and minds leads to IE being championed
- Faculty and administrators act as champions for IE.
- Students expect inclusive pedagogy in their classrooms.
IE@OSU is Sustained at OSU
- IE being championed leads to IE being sustained at OSU meaning that the program lives on beyond the grant period.
- Students’ classroom experiences are mutually supported by their institutional experiences.
- Inclusive practices are intrinsic to STEM pedagogy.